Tuesday, October 7, 2008

a Mom, Again

On 9-30 we welcomed our third boy into our family:


I'd forgotten how joyous it is to have a baby in the house, and how utterly exhausting it is. I love to watch the different expressions flit across their faces, and even if it's gas induced, love seeing them randomly smile.

JB and I have twisted senses of humor, and he delights in nothing more than getting me going. His lastest joke has been about how boring the baby is- though truthfully all he really has done is sleep, eat and poop for the past week. Except yesterday and today when we really got to see that he does have eyes behind those tiny eyelids. Now, in order for the next bit of this story to make sense, you have to have scene the movie "Waitress". If you haven't, you probably won't find it quite as funny as I did. Granted, it was the middle of the night and I couldn't tell you how many times we'd been up at this point, but JB says to me as I nursed for the umpteenth time "I think I'm going to make a pie- Damn Borning Baby Pie. The only ingredient is crust."

I'm still laughing today- otherwise I might be crying from lack of sleep :). However, sadly, he's taken to calling the baby a little crust of bread. UGH. Men.

No comments: