Friday, September 5, 2008

...a Mom: A Mystery

The other day I was getting the boys buckled into the car when I noticed what looked like either a credit or gift card upside down on the floor in front of R. I picked it up, flipped it and saw that it was indeed a gift card with the Exxon/Mobil logo on it, and a demonination of $50 in the corner.

Now, to my knowledge, we've never been given a gift card for gas before, and I start wracking my brain as to who has been in my car in the last few days. My step-dad was one, but he sat in the front seat...and other than that, I can't think of anyone. So, after bringing the kids to school, I come home and check the balance on the card. Sure enough, the website says there is $50 on the card. Curiouser.

I check with my step-dad, my in-laws (as they had visited and been near the car) but no one has lost one. I've yet to try the card at the gas station, but as of right now, we mysteriously own a $50 gift card and have no idea, whatsoever, as to where it came from. So to whoever left it in our car, I say thank you. I don't know how or why it ended up in there- but I'm grateful!

No comments: